Sunday, June 3, 2007

The last days of Taco Bell

Today I just finished off the last Taco Bell Crunchy Taco I will eat for the next 7 months. Tomorrow is D-Day for Primo Bloggo. D-Day as in Diet Day. Tomorrow I start a new diet and health regimen designed to get me back to a place where I feel more comfortable.

I'm not going on a diet to look better, get skinnier, or loose weight. Those might be some of the side effects, but in reality, I just want to "feel" better.

I ran the Honolulu Marathon in 2004. I did it in a little over 5 hours. Don't believe me? Google it, I'm sure it's still there. When I ran the marathon, I was in the best shape of my life. My blood pressure, resting heart rate, and yes... my body weight were at a place I was very happy with. Since then, I've put back on the 40+ lbs. that I had lost while training. I simply don't "feel" as good as I know I can.

Honestly, I don't have the time or dedication to begin the "hard core" marathon training I did in 2004. What I can do, however, is some simple life changes to bring my health back under control.

So here we go! Primo Bloggo's 5 Fit Tips for Feeling... err... Fit!

1. No consumption of sugar based foods.

This means, no more cream buns from Lee's Bakery. No more Liliha Bakery CoCo puffs. No more $.99 chocolate value shakes from Burger King. No more... No More!

2. The only liquids to be consumed will be water and milk.

Good by Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, and yes, beer.

3. Ixnaye on the Fast Food-aye.

Taco Bell, Papa John's, Micky D's, BK, you know who I'm talking about.

4. 30 mins. of exercise daily.

Step it up. Ok, I can handle that. Walking, Jogging, Winsor Pilates... No excuses!

5. I will not use the elevator.

Going up or going down... No longer will I put my life in jeopardy for a moment or two of saved time. In fact, as I found out today, taking the stairs (in some cases) is faster anyways... Thank God I only live on the 4th floor!


So there you have it. Just a few minor changes that will hopefully begin to produce a better "feeling" me. What are you doing to "feel" better?

No comments: