Saturday, June 2, 2007

Frog Blast the Vent Core!

As they say, "Fool Rush In." I set up this blog after finally deciding it was time to have someplace to put all the random thoughts I have. A place I can share my odd insights and the little things that make mind start racing with the possibilities. I've only just started typing and already I've come to the realization that without my iMac's innate ability to spell check everything I type, I'd be pretty embarrassed right now.

So my first blog will be a thank you to the handful of people who have inspired me to take this route. Thank you to the following people...

1. My wife Kristen @ Her MySpace Page...

My bestest friend and the mommy of my baby kopi! Supportive in all things but board game strategy. You should have see this girl dive into her dinner at the crab fest we went to! Pictures coming soon!

2. Steve Pavlina @ http://www.stevepavlina.com/

Steve's Blog caught my attention one day and I ended up spending a few hours reading his posts. The next day, I came back for more. He's got some really neat things to say about personal development and life enrichment, not to mention blogging (especially as an occupation that you get paid for!) Thanks Steve! One of these days I am soo gonna try polyphasic sleeping!

3. Vicki Davis aka. Cool Cat @ http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com

As a teacher teaching technology, I'm always on the lookout for ways to better reach and teach my students. Vicki's blog (and a podcast interview I heard with her) forced me to realize that I can no longer not teach my students about Web 2.0... Now I just need to figure out how to do that in a positive manner!

2 comments:

Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher said...

Boy, thank you for including me in such great company!

I remember yesterday when I too came onto the blogosphere after feeling very convicted that I needed to add my voice and to share what I was learning -- besides, I just didn't want to forget!!

So, good luck and I look forward to reading more. I'd also like to know how you came up with your name!

Sean Connors said...

Vicki,

Thanks for being the first one to comment on any of my post (you even beat out my wife, who still has yet to comment!)

I truly appreciate the work that you do. I makes my job easier to see that there are others out there blazing a trail for the rest of us to follow. All this new Web 2.0 flexibility is so exciting. I can't wait to begin sharing it with my students and teaching them how to be "civilized" bloggers!

Aloha and Mahalo!